Creamy Cilantro and Feta Stuffed Chicken Breasts
I love stuffed chicken, when done well it's so juicy and flavourful that it's almost a meal in itself to me. I also happen to love cilantro and feta together, as a result this recipe was somewhat of a no brainer.
The catastrophic crappyness of the chicken I bought was a bit of a downer and I actually ended up taking the rest of the chicken back and demanding a refund, but despite the less than ideal resilience of the breasts the flavour was to die for and there were ZERO leftovers.
This is a bit flexible since it depends on how many you're serving.
- 1-2 TBSP of Feta per person you're serving.
- 1 bunch of Cilantro
- One chicken breast per person
- One egg beaten
- Bread crumbs
- The rest of your cilantro, chopped fine
- Half and Half Cream
- Butterfly cut your chicken then pound it flat, unfortunately the chicken I bought was rather horrid for it
- Using a food processor, combine the feta and cilantro. Once mixed, pulse in a bit of olive oil until it becomes smooth but still sticky enough to hold together.
- For each chicken breast spoon a bit of the filling into the center.
- Wrap the chicken around the filling and fasten with toothpicks.
- Dip or brush (depending on chicken quality) in the egg.
- Cover with bread crumbs
- Heat your oil and drop in the chicken and pan fry until it's done. Hopefully unlike me someone doesn't turn your oil down halfway through when you leave the room for 10 seconds (and hopefully if someone does you'll actually notice before you ruin the first piece)
- Serve with the sauce below.
- In a small sauce pan melt the butter then add garlic
- Mix in your chopped cilantro and add a bit of flour to thicken it if necessary (or start from a roux, but I didn't want it super thick).
- Let thicken