Sweet Potato Cake with Cilantro Yogurt
For sweet potato cakes
- 2 small sweet potatoes, cooked
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (oops, not shown)
- 2 TB cilantro leaves, chopped
- pinch curry powder
- 2 TB flour (not shown)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro
- Few squeezes of lime juice, to taste
2. To make cilantro yogurt, combine ingredients and refrigerate until ready to use. Prick the sweet potatoes all over, and microwave a approx. 4-5 minutes until soft. Remove skin.
3. Mash sweet potatoes together with coconut milk, cilantro leaves, curry powder, flour, and salt and pepper.
3. Form into small patties, pan fry a few minutes on each side until golden brown. Serve with cilantro yogurt.
Great earthy sweetness from the sweet potato that blends well with the curry powder, and is cut by the freshness of the cilantro yogurt.