Pork Fried Rice w/ Pineapple by Trexid
There are many different ways to make Fried Rice but I made this one last night and it turned out amazing! So if you are into Pineapple and 2 different types of bacon this recipe will make you Mmmm...
- 1 cup cooked white rice (preferably day old)
- 3 tbsp Cooking Oil or Wok Oil (I like wok oil sometimes because some are pre-flavored)
- 3 tbsp Tamari or Soy Sauce (Tamari has a richer flavor than standard soy sauce and is made without wheat.)
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 2-3 eggs (I like a lot of egg in mine so I use 3)
- 1/2 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 White Onion
- 1 Spring Onion (Green Onion)
- 1 Small Serano Pepper (If you would like to add a little kick)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (Large)
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Small can Del Monte Sweet Peas ($.99)
- 1 Small can Del Monte Full Kernel Corn ($.99)
- 1 can Del Monte Pineapple Chunks
- 1 Chunk of Canadian bacon ($5.00) - I use around a 1/2 pound.
- 3 Stips of Bacon (I like Farmer John Thick)
Cook one cup of white rice either in a rice cooker or on the stove. I use a rice cooker that I picked up at a garage sale for $3 works great. After the rice has finished cooking, remove it from the cooker / pot and place it into a plastic or glass bowl and place into the freeze for about 10-15 minutes while you chop up your veggies and prep other ingredients. After 15 minutes in the freezer take it out and stir it around trying to separate larger chunks into smaller ones while the rice cools down. Place it back into the freezer for another 15 minutes or so or until you are finished prepping your other ingredients. I check on my rice frequently on the 2nd 15 minute block to make sure its not freezing over.
- Carrot - Cut your carrot length wise in half once then chop each of those pieces in half again. You should have 4 long pieces of carrot which you should then dice into smaller pieces.
- White Onion - Dice your onion into small chunks.
- Spring Onion - Dice up your spring onion.
- Corn and Peas - Open and drain Peas and Corn and place onto a plate.
- Pineapple - Open and drain your can of Pineapple chunks. (I save the Pineapple juice for drinks)
- Garlic - Mince your garlic into small pieces.
- Serano Pepper - Mince your Serano into small pieces.
- Eggs - Scramble up 2 or 3 eggs into a bowl.
- Canadian Bacon - Cut your Canadian bacon off in long semi-thick slices first and then dice those into smaller cubes.
- Thick Bacon - Cut your 3 slices of bacon into smaller chunks about inch or smaller in size and then pan fry until crispy, season with pepper while cooking.
- Garlic Powder - Measure out 1/2 tbsp Garlic Power into a small container or bowl
- Sugar - Measure out 1 tbsp of sugar and combine with Garlic Power in same bowl
- Tamari (Soy Sauce) - Measure out 3 tbsp of Tamari or Soy Sauce into a small bowl or dish.
I prefer a seasoned carbon steel wok for making fried rice but you can use a standard large non-stick frying pan or seasoned cast iron as well. Use which ever you have or are most comfortable cooking with.
- Heat up your Wok or Pan to cooking temperature. (Just before it is about to smoke)
- Add your 3 tbsp of Wok or Cooking Oil.
- Add your minced Garlic and Serano right away to flavor the oil then saute that for around 30 seconds to 1 minute.