Fried Rice by Liquid Flame
I thought I'd share my most favorite of all recipes...... Fried Rice! Add ninja mask as necessary for ninja style rice.
What You're Gonna Need
- Leftover White Rice (You can use fresh rice, but why would you be looking at this thread if you *had fresh rice on hand)
- Cooking Oil
- Soy Sauce
- Bowl/Plate/Eating Surface
This by itself if enough for the most basic of fried rices. It's pretty lame, let me assure you, but if you're poor at the time, it'll do.
Here's what you're gonna want if you want something a little fancier (aka better)
- 1 or 2 eggs
- Spices (I used pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne powder to make it spicy)
- MEAT (It's the best, I always have some diced up ham ready for when I want to make this)
- Veggies (Frozen or fresh. I put in some carrots, peas, and broccoli. I also like some chopped celery and scallions in there)
Start by greasing up the pan with some butter, then put the egg in there.
Scramble the egg up
After the egg is solid enough that it won't get all over other shit, throw in a good amount of oil (enough to cover approximately the entire pan) and the ham
I skipped this step for the sake of taking pictures, but try to cook the ham up a bit before throwing in the veggies
Stir up the veggies, meat, and egg(s) to let the veggies soften and the ham and eggs to cook a bit more. Now add in a nice helping of the old rice.
Add your spices
Stir it up for a few minutes until everything's been coated nicely in the oil. This shouldn't take too long, and if you fuck it up, it'll still taste great.
Add in a splash of soy sauce. This adds a lot of flavor, but don't drown the rice in it or it'll probably taste like sweaty ass
Stir up the rice for another minute or two so everything can mix together
Voila! You got fried rice!