Sour Cream Apple Bread
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, softened to room temp
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp fresh ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp cardamom, or to taste. Cardamom is really strong to me, so I use it lightly.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- plus extra nutmeg, cinnamon, and sugar for apples.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all dry ingredients except for sugar together in one bowl. Mix diced apples with a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg and 3 tbsp sugar in another bowl, and let sit for a few minutes. In another bowl, cream butter and sugar until it is soft and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing thoroughly after each addition. Add sour cream and mix thoroughly. Add dry ingredients in three parts, mixing thoroughly after each addition. Fold in apples. Spread into buttered pan and bake for one hour or until toothpick comes out with a couple crumbs sticking to it.
Someone bukkaked my apple bread. :(