Shredded Pork And Pork Skin In Roasted Rice Powder (Bì)
This is another component found on rice plates. It is also great in rice paper rolls or in sandwiches.
- 1 lb shredded pork and pork skin
- 2 Tb roasted rice powder
- 2 cloves or more garlic, minced to a paste
- salt to taste
1. I like an even mixture of pork and pork skin. Use a cut like pork shoulder and simmer just until cooked, or simmer and finish cooking by pan-frying. Cool and cut into thin strips. Leftover roast pork can also be used. Simmer the pork skin for 8-10 minutes until it is well-cooked. Cool and cut into thin strips.
2. Toast rice in a skillet until golden brown. Grind in a blender or spice grinder to a fine powder.
3. Mix the pork, rice powder, garlic, and salt. Add more rice powder or garlic if desired.