Ridiculously Easy Couscous Salad
Posted by The Jizzer
I can't recall where I got this recipe, but it's been a staple of mine for some time. It's fast, easy, tastes fantastic - especially if you're usually turned off by the over-vinegared, mushy couscous that so many restaurants try to pass off as edible.
Makes a great party dish, side, or entree.
- Omit the meat and substitute broth for water to make it vegetarian.
Couscous Salad (Serves 4-6)
- 1 10oz box plain couscous (I use Near East. The flavored varieties only have 6oz, keep that in mind).
- 2 cups chicken broth/stock
- 1 cup cooked diced chicken
- 1 large rib celery
- 1 medium granny smith apple
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook couscous as per package directions, using the chicken broth.
- Coarsely chop apple and celery, set aside with chicken.
- Combine dressing ingredients, whisk until emulsified. Should taste lemony and mustard-y, of course, but not too much of either. Adjust ingredients to taste.
(Sorry, this pic is pre-dressing. It's just oil in that cup.)
- Toss everything together. Can be served warm or cold.
- Total time from start to finish, about 20 minutes.