Healthy Fruit Smoothie
Recipe by atolleso
I've been making these for years now and I'll let you know up front that it is a very forgiving recipe. It would be really hard to fuck it up. That said, lets take a look at the ingredients.
- 1 Cup of yogurt (i used strawberry fruit on the bottom)
- 1 Small container of fruit juice (I used 100% juice Mango Passion)
- 1 Banana
- 1 Cup Strawberries
- 1 Cup Raspberries
- 1 Cup Blueberries
Other than that all you need is a blender and a crude measuring system...i just used a glass out of my cabinet that i know is roughly a cup.
You can use fresh or frozen fruit. I am using frozen because a) Its what I have and b) it makes for a slightly thicker smoothie without the need of ice cubes
The steps are very straightforward:
1) Peel the banana, break it in half, and put into the blender facing up ideally.
2+3+4) Measure out roughly 1 Cup of one of your fruit selections and dump in
That's what one cup of blueberries looks like...i know there's lots of residual frost which isn't ideal but it will work out fine.
Repeat this with the other two berries. After you're done it should look like this.
5) Dump in the yogurt and between some and all of the juice depending on how you like the consistency of your smoothie. I used 3/4 of the bottle i had which is like 6 ounces or something.
6) Blend. Make sure its good and mixed. I like to rock my blender back and forth as it goes to ensure a healthy mixture. Then pour into a glass and enjoy. My final product here looked like this:
This one was quite delicious and served as my dinner that night. The recipe makes for two glasses about that size. For my money this drink can't be beat for good taste and good-for-you-ness. I would recommend against anything citrus not because its bad, but it changes the nature of the drink drastically and, well, I'm a bit of a purist. Enjoy!