Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Mix all ingredients until smooth
- Heat oil in a deep fryer or deep pot.
- Using a funnel (or a piping bag or jury-rigged equivalent) make long squiggly streams of batter directly into the oil (carefully).
- Remove when golden and let oil drain.
- Top with powdered sugar, cinnamon sugar, whipped cream and chocolate syrup, strawberries, whatever tickles your fancy.
Use the base batter in other recipes like: Balsamic Funnel Cake