Chili Dogs. YUM!
Submitted by Rok
It's Wednesday I have the day off and I'm hungry. So I thought, what the hell let's have a chili dog. Here's how I did it.
- 4 Hot Dogs (Nathan's if you can get'em)
- 1 Jar/Can/Jug/Bucket of Chili. As far as store bought chili goes I really like Bush's but whatever.
- Hot dog buns
- Cheese!!! I used Colby jack but whatever you like.
- Here's what I used. I didn't have hotdog buns so I went with hamburger buns. We're going open faced today.
- As hotdogs go you can do no better then Nathan's. I know some people swear by hebrew national, but I find Nathans to be better.
Oh, and Bush's Chili this stuff beats the crap out of anything else I've tried. Granted the other stuff I've had is the $0.87 canned chili type product.
- My buns were frozen so I had to nuke'em up a bit. While they're cooking I lit my grill and set it to high.
- Protip: If you're going to be grilling hotdogs try this for me just once. Cut the tips of your dogs crosswise. Cut in from the end of the dog by about a quarter of an inch. Making... a cross shaped cut this will open up a bit and give the ends of your dogs a sort of square shape so that they're easier to turn. Try it!
- gus playing with his keys.
- Grill'n up some dogs. You don't really need to grill your buns if yours arent frozen as mine were.
- YUM! I only cut mine one way 'cause I was lazy. but you really should cut them both ways.
- and here we have my open faced chili dogs!
- Now, I know there isn't a lot of intricate cooking here. But I promise this was a tasty lunch and also very quick.
- Hotdogs keep in the fridge for a long time.
- Chili Keeps forever
- Buns keep forever in the freezer
- this means that if you keep this stuff on hand you're going to be a heroe when you and your buddies are hungry.