Chicken in Sour Cream and Mushroom Sauce
Submitted by Mnemosyne
My husband taught me this recipe, which is amazing because he can't cook anything that doesn't go in the microwave. This recipe is almost that easy, and is quite tasty to boot. This preparation excludes the mushrooms which are supposed to go into it because I'm retarded and forgot to get them at the grocery store.
In addition to what I've posted here, I've heard of some people adding wine to this. Mostly I hear people add a dry white wine, but my mother-in-law adds a red.
- 2lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 18oz container of Sour Cream (Reduced Fat or Regular, doesn't matter)
- 2 cans of Cream of Mushroom soup (I wouldn't recommend the reduced fat kind here)
- White Pepper
- 8 oz of sliced mushrooms (missing from photo)
- White Rice (I think long grain works best)
Preheat your oven to 350F.
Cooking time depends on whether or not you cut the chicken up. If you cut the chicken up, it takes about 40 minutes. Whole chicken breasts take more like 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes. When you suspect it might be done, just fish out the thickest piece of chicken and cut it open. If it's still pink inside, toss it back in. That should go without saying.
While the chicken is cooking, make your rice.