Brandy-Peach Glazed Carrots with Pecans
This was my entry for week one of the multi-week Iron Chef SA competition.
I really dislike carrots in any mushy cooked form and was somewhat slammed for time due to midterms this particular week so I went for a simple tasty recipe.
- 1 lb of sweet carrots
- 3/4 Cup of Brown Sugar
- 3 TBSP of Butter
- 2 Peaches or Mangoes
- 1/2 Cup of Pecans (chopped)
- 1 TBSP Dijon or Stoneground Mustard
- 1 TBSP Garlic (minced)
- 1 TBSP Ginger (minced)
- Soy Sauce to Taste
- Brandy to taste
- Melt the butter in a saucepan then mix in the brown sugar and bring it to a slow boil over medium-low heat.
- Cut your peach into fairly tiny pieces. I'm housesitting and was working with shitty knives and my peaches were a bit soft so I'd probably go a bit smaller than this.
- Toss in the peaches and mix to get them nice and glazed
- Add your pecans and stir, then add a shot or two of brandy
- Mix in a dash of soy sauce and the pecans and give it a long stir to make sure everything is well coated and continue to simmer.
- While this is all going on slice your carrots as you like. As mentioned I hate small mushy rounds so I went for nice crisp sticks (though of course it's all in how you cook them
- Cook your carrots until they're nice and tender-crisp
- Toss the glaze with the carrots