Almond Flour Pancakes
Makes four medium-sized pancakes
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup milk (you can also use water, although I haven’t tried that)
- 1 tbsp Splenda or other sweetener
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp oil of your choice (I used and calculated the nutrition for this with coconut oil)
- (optional) ~1 cup of mixed berries
1. Mix all ingredients. In a bowl. With a…spoon.
2. Plop batter down on hot, greased pan. Flip when the bottom get crispy/brown.
3. Serve immediately, topped with whatever you like. I used honey, and it was fantastic.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION: (per pancake, not including toppings)
Fat: 24.8g Carbohydrates: 6.2g Calories:283.0 Protein: 10.6g
These are surprisingly good, and very “normal”-tasting…but one caveat: I don’t like pancakes. No, really, I know. Regular pancakes, no matter how carefully crafted, always taste burnt to me, and they’re just so heavy. These are light, but filling- a really nice surprise. I will definitely be trying a savoury version of this in the future.