Tilapia with Mango Salsa, Sauteed Mushrooms with Spinach
Submitted by Rashaverak
Note: I do not know how to cook, and I have no idea what I'm doing. Just to get this out of the way.
I'm trying to eat healthy these days, and what's healthier than fish and vegetables with fungus? I went to walmart and decided to do Tilapia with homemade mango pineapple salsa, along with sauteed mushrooms and spinach. Ingredients as follows:
- 3 fresh tilapia filets
- 2 mangos
- 2 lemons
- 2 small roma tomatos
- 1 can of pineapple
- 1 bottle of banana pepper slices
- 8 oz of sliced mushrooms (they say Texas fresh?)
- 8 oz of spinach
- I started off by chopping up all the mango ingredients by hand and adding a splash of orange juice.
- Next, I put the tilapia on a pan, brushed it with olive oil and rubbed it with sea salt and black pepper. I put the tilapia in the oven at 450 for 5 minutes.
- While the tilapia is cooking, I coated a pan with olive oil and garlic salt, and tossed in the mushrooms.
- After five minutes have passed, I opened the oven door and spooned large amounts of the salsa on top of each of the filets. I closed oven back up and set it to broil for another four minutes. I now added the spinach to the mushrooms, and sauteed for another two minutes, until the spinach and the mushrooms were soft.
- Everything is done and cooked.
- Holy shit, this turned out fucking EXCELLENT. I'm not even kidding - I never knew that it was this easy to cook good food. The fish was perfectly moist and the mango salsa, if that's what it really is, complements it perfectly. The mushrooms and spinach go better together than I could've dared hope - all in all, an excellent meal that I'm going to make again without a doubt.
- What I could've done better: I might've simmered the salsa in a pot for a few minutes and then spooned it on top of the tilapia. That's really the only idea I have.